Month's Goal: $300, Received: $120.00 - (40%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 819 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Ancre 15 rubis remontoir pocket watches

Respected...

I am writing to ask if you are able to give me some information about watch which you shall see attached. From the information that I have I know that is very old and as I was told it is very valuable. The watch is my family inheritance and it is in my family for more then 40 to 45 years.I am interested in any information associated with it and if there are any chances of selling it. I am also interested in a place that makes such purchases and I would be more than grateful if you can refer such.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nivi.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	129691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nivi1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	129692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nivi2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	129693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nivi3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	129694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ovaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	129695
    The following is the data that you can find on the back side of the watch: ANCRE;15 rubis; c.monard; n'192; REMONTOIR;
    On the front side has a crown and initials: K or R; and A;
    Please for some informations...

Thanks in advance.I look forward to hearing from you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ancre 15 rubis remontoir pocket watches (RE: andreja)

We can't give values in this forum, there is a forum for that but you must sign up. It appears to be a 15 jewel, swiss ebauche, made in the late 1800's-early 1900's, stem wind, pin set. If the case is solid gold, that would be where the value would be. Interesting case though. Someone may come along who is an expert in this type of watch, I am far from it, but why sell a family heirloom?

Default Re: Ancre 15 rubis remontoir pocket watches (RE: richiec)

Welcome to the board Andreja

The watch movement is fairly ordinary. The case is interesting in design, but mostly because of the monogram on the front with the crown above. That crown would normally only be added for a member of the nobility. It's difficult to see clearly, but it looks to me like a European style crown, perhaps Danish or north-eastern European.

It would be interesting to see a photo of any marks inside the case which would establish if it was gold, but it may be that the major interest in the watch would be in identifying its original owner. You say the watch has been in your family for about 45 years, but the interesting question is where it was for the previous 85 years

Default Re: Ancre 15 rubis remontoir pocket watches (RE: MartyR)

Thanks for the welcome
    Watch was bought by my grandfather from a Russian doctor who was at work in my town at that time.Watch is a 14k gold and very much interested me any information relating to him,where was the previous 85 years before he came to my family I ask for any information that is for him