Month's Goal: $300, Received: $240.00 - (80%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1743 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Synchron Model 610 I43R motor repair/replacement

I have a Synchron Model 610 I43R clock motor from a 1950's Lackner advertising clock that is not working. I've taken the motor apart as far as I know how, to where I can lift the pinion shaft/gear and magnet disc out of the motor. Everything looks clean, and the pinion spins smoothly, but it still doesn't work. Anyone have suggestions on repair? I've found a few replacements at $80 but was hoping to avoid the cost.

This is the second non-working clock motor that I've been dealing with today. I'm going to submit a separate post for the other one (an Ingraham Model 17 from a 1950's PAM clock).

Default Re: Synchron Model 610 I43R motor repair/replacement (RE: bakerb95619)

$80 for what from where? The motor you described is ±$26 + shipping from many sources - Pic from Timesavers site, is this it? For the "C" mech, rectangle shape. If the mech is just a bit larger then the motor footprint, this is not the motor for that mech, NLA new.

http://www.clock-keys.com/CART/images/18404.JPG

Timesavers site:

http://www.clock-parts.com/catalogma...ID=211&Level=4

Best - CW

Default Re: Synchron Model 610 I43R motor repair/replacement (RE: coldwar)

Hello, That looks like the motor I need. The Timesavers site shows various gear sets for the motor, but they don't list mine which is a C5 Rear set. I don't need the gear set, but I want to make sure it's the correct motor for my gear set. I'm fairly certain it is. Thanks for the reply, Bill

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

If you don't need the whole movement, the motors are all the same on these. The gear set is only referring to the movement. But, as you see the movement with motor isn't much more than just the motor.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"

Can someone tell me when Synchron went out of business...if it did.
    Could not find it in the archives. Thanks, Fred

Default Re: Synchron Model 610 I43R motor repair/replacement (RE: Frederick)

Still in business, thriving we hope:

http://www.hansen-motor.com/about-us.php

EDIT: I was delighted when viewing their clock mechs page to see the "D" mech in production. I thought it was out, perhaps it was, but there it is. Hopefully the motor will fit the older "D" style as well. I bought some from Howard Miller when they were drying up, supply now exhausted. Great!

Best - CW
    Last edited by coldwar; 01-12-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

Default Re: Synchron Model 610 I43R motor repair/replacement (RE: coldwar)

Coldwar, good to see they are still around. They were and still are movement suppliers to both IBM and Simplex for their synchron motor slave clocks.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"